Mother of All Days







Mother of all Days 


Welcome back to another day of LifeNotes, if you haven't read my intro blog to it all, please do!!
Now, I hope everyone is enjoying their Mother's Day. But before I get into it, I would like to shoutout all the mothers in the world, whether your a current one or future one, thank you guys because the world truly would be a different place without you guys.

Mother's Day is a beautiful holiday, where we celebrate the hard work and dedication that our moms give to their families and their children. Mother's Day is also one of the hardest days for me personally, and I will get into it later. But walking into church, seeing the joy on some mothers faces when they hug their children at the end of service, and the constant love that they continue to pour onto their children truly puts a smile on my face, and churns up some memories as well.

As you probably can tell, I am adopted, so the idea of mother and fatherhood is a very difficult definition in my book. Don't get me wrong, I love being in a family, and I'm truly blessed to be able to have loving parents, even though they don't look like me or share my blood. But, I also have this sense of being reminded that my biological mother is not with me today. My mom, Nola, passed away when I was 8 of a heart attack, and her passing still affects me in many ways to this day, even though I have somewhat moved on from that day.

Mothers Day brings out a lot of memories and thoughts. Not having a natural mother and father that share my DNA. The sense of abandonment whenever I think of her. The rush of boiling anger coming out of my flesh whenever I scroll down on my phone of my peers smiling with their mothers on social media. The rush of overwhelming tears that fill my face as I'm writing this blog right now. I know that other people lost their mother, including my adoptive mom, and two of my younger siblings, who've also lost their mother at an early age.

I don't want to continue babbling along about Mother's Day, so I'm also going to share a few thank you notes of the people who are closest to me and whom I consider my mothers, or mother-like figures.

To my real mother, Nola, thank you for sacrificing your love for me to have a life that you would want me to have. Even though your gone, and have been for about 11 years now, I actually thank you because you have made me understand the magnitude of my time here on Earth and the impact that I have on other people. Thank you for your personality, for my quiet soul helps me observe the world for what it really is. Thank you for the 8 years that you spent with me, trying your best to be there for me and the monthly visits. I also am grateful for the change of lifestyle that you had for me, from the place that you were in to have me. I am also thankful for getting the good genes, for you were a beautiful soul to be around. Last, but not least, I also thank you for spiritually being there for me through my 19 plus years, with many to go. Your constant presence and watching over me and memories that come to mind make me happy, for now that when I think of you, I think of all that you have done for me. Happy Mother's Day! See you on the other side.

To my Aunt Sue, I thank you for being there for me also, bestowing the spiritual religious talks and education and instilling it in me. Even though you didn't adopt me, I feel as if I'm already apart of your family no matter what. I also am thankful for the love that you put on me, and the love that you continue to pour on me. My strong opinions really came from you. I miss you and hope all is well in sunny Port Saint Lucie. Happy Mother's Day!

To my adoptive mother, words can't truly come to describe what you mean to me. So I'm going to try my best to put it down on paper. Your my best friend, someone who I can fully feel comfortable going to and talk to. You have been the biggest influence on my life, whether it may not make sense. Who would think that a Caucasian, middle-aged, former convict, would adopt and take in a lost African-American child, who had a lot of unknowns on his resume. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to being the best you can be, for being there when I was down, and being there for when I was up. The world told you and Dad that you couldn't take me in, that the racial barrier was too much, and I think I turned out pretty okay. Anyways, the connection that we have despite our personal preferences is pretty cool. Happy Mothers Day, I love you.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No More Sides: Comfortable in my own skin

Quiet Soul

Not All There